Thursday, April 05, 2007




February 18th, 2007 (Chinese Lunar New Year)
Riki is about 1 month old when we're celebrating Chinese Lunar New Year in Indonesia. He was given a traditional Chinese Qibao from my best friend, Herlina. Even though it's a bit too big for him, I've decided to put it on him. He looks real adorable in Qibao. As a common tradition during the Chinese New Year, people who are unmarried are qualified to receive HongBao. Riki has received several HongBao from my close relative. A smile just naturally shown on my face when I start imagining the time when Riki is capable of saying "Gong Xi Fa Chai, Hongbao na lai" in the future or maybe by next year. It means "Happy New Year and please give me the Hongbao (red package which is normally filled with money). A lot of my relatives come to visit our house. We have reunion dinner the night before Chinese New Year. I really enjoy spending Chinese New Year with my family in Indonesia. I do wish that my family can always be united and I pray to God to provide the best of health for my family especially my parents. Living quite far away from them, I'm always concerned about their well-being. And I believe that the only I can do is to pray for them all the time, and God will give them peace and good health always.

No comments: